Monday, October 13, 2014

Magnet Monday: Paris Birthday

Cheesy Refrigerator Magnet for Monday, October 13, 2014
"Tournée du Chat Noir, avec Rodolphe Salis"*, advertising litho in resin relief, black cat, circa 2007




Today is my birthday (yeah me!). I was born on a Friday the 13th, which some who know me claim explains a lot. Those who know me better claim it leaves even more open for discussion. 

I celebrated my 40th birthday by going to Paris with my husband and my dearest friend (also turning 40). We stayed in an apartment with her husband who was in Paris for the summer teaching. Best. way. ever. to travel: live as much like the locals as you can. I was pleasantly surprised to find plenty of cheesy magnets in Paris; this one we found at the touristy open-air market along the Seine near Notre Dame. 

I knew Paris had cheese. Who knew it was also cheesy!


*the Chat Noir was the first modern nightclub in late 19th century Paris, owned & operated by Rodolphe Salis.


Magnet Monday features a selection from our semi-vast and ever growing collection of cheesy refrigerator magnets. Without doubt the perfect souvenir. Only slightly less cheesy than collecting snow globes but maybe a lot easier to smuggle in your bra. If need be. Which I hope it never is. Unless it's really worth it.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the bubbles we celebrated with. How many dead soldiers that day/night? It was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memories of the scary wine lady probably blocked that out!! Truly a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete