Monday, January 12, 2015

Magnet Monday: ComicQuail

Cheesy Refrigerator Magnet for Monday, January 12, 2015
"Tucson, AZ", quails, handpainted on sandstone, circa 2004


We've visited Tucson numerous times, and these little quail are everywhere. The way they run is so comical to me. Our family there has deep-rooted dislike for them because they eat garden flowers (apparently they are persistent and piggy, but hard to keep out). Even so, I find it hard to dislike them. I'm sure I would feel differently if it were my garden (it's all out war here against deer and rabbit, so I understand the pain).

I have no recollection of where exactly we purchased this magnet, other than that it was on my first trip to Tucson. I can say it was in a gift shop of some kind, possibly even the airport. 

Magnet Monday features a selection from our semi-vast and ever growing collection of cheesy refrigerator magnets. Without doubt the perfect souvenir. Only slightly less cheesy than collecting snow globes but maybe a lot easier to smuggle in your bra. If need be. Which I hope it never is. Unless it's really worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment