Monday, December 8, 2014

Magnet Monday: Elephants Don't Forget

Cheesy Refrigerator Magnet for Monday, December 8, 2014
"Thailand", 3D resin, elephants and jungle trees, circa 2010



One of the things I enjoy most about what I do is the chance to meet and work with people from all over the world. When I was in graduate school, we had folks from 6 of the 7 continents of the world working there (nobody from Antarctica). We had the best potlucks. 

This magnet was a gift from a post-doctoral fellow from Thailand, and I will always remember his smile and kind nature. He also made the most amazing green curry with chicken and green beans. Wherever you are Noong, I wish you well! 



Magnet Monday features a selection from our semi-vast and ever growing collection of cheesy refrigerator magnets. Without doubt the perfect souvenir. Only slightly less cheesy than collecting snow globes but maybe a lot easier to smuggle in your bra. If need be. Which I hope it never is. Unless it's really worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment