Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Twelve Days of Yule: Day 5, December 25

Five Gold Rings


Dogs for Deaf and Disabled Americans
Image from postitartist
a.k.a. NEADS
(a.k.a. National Education for Assistance Dog Services)
http://www.neads.org/


I've heard both the five "gold" and five "golden" rings version. I like the gold version better even though that's harder to sing. All those golden rings I got from the gumball machine as a kid turned my fingers green... 

This one is another stretch, sort of. I'm thinking of the rings figuratively, and more literally as collars (see where I'm going with this...?). Service animals*, and dogs in particular, are the difference between existing and living for people challenged by disability. Best friend as helper is hard to improve upon. 


Click here to donate.

Charity Navigator: four (of four) star rating


*Please be aware that there is a vast difference between true service animals and "emotional support" animals. There's a lot of misinformation about what emotional support animals can and can't do (pigs still don't fly). 


Twelve Days of Yule = Twelve Days of Giving is a personal initiative by me at the SoMil Homesteader to bring some focus to a holiday about gratitude. I don't have any official connections to any of these organizations, other than being a very small donor. Peace out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment